Turkish rice pilaf is a staple dish in Turkish cuisine, known for its fluffy and aromatic rice. Whether served as a side dish or as the main course, this traditional dish is a must-try for anyone who loves rice. Made with simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, this homemade rice pilaf recipe is both delicious and easy to make.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts (optional)
- 1 tablespoon currants (optional)
- Rinse the rice in a fine mesh strainer under running water until the water runs clear.
- In a large saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the rinsed rice and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the rice is lightly toasted.
- Pour in the chicken or vegetable broth and add salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid.
- Let the rice cook for 18-20 minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Remove the pan from heat and let the rice sit for 5 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and stir in the dried mint, pine nuts, and currants (if using).
- Serve the Turkish rice pilaf hot as a side dish or main course.
This Turkish rice pilaf recipe is a delicious and versatile dish that can be served with a variety of meats, vegetables, and sauces. Whether you’re a fan of Turkish cuisine or just looking for a new and delicious rice recipe, this easy and homemade pilaf is a must-try. So why not gather your ingredients and give it a try today? With its fluffy and aromatic rice, this dish is sure to become a staple in your recipe collection.
One of the things to do in Istanbul is trying out local food and beverages…
When you visit Istanbul, one of the things that you may want to do can…
Turkish Ayran Aşı Soup, also known as Ayran Soup, is a creamy and refreshing soup…
Turkish Tarhana Soup, also known as Tarhana Corbasi, is a traditional and flavorful soup in…