Turkish pickles are a popular and staple side dish in Turkish cuisine, and for good reason. They are crunchy, tangy, and full of flavor, making them the perfect addition to a variety of meals. In this article, we'll show you how to make Turkish pickles at home with a simple and easy recipe that you can follow step-by-step.
- 4-5 large cucumbers, sliced
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- Wash and slice the cucumbers into rounds or spears and place them in a large sterilized glass jar.
- In a small saucepan, heat the white vinegar, water, salt, sugar, minced garlic, dried mint, and red pepper flakes (if using) over medium heat until the salt and sugar have dissolved.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the sliced cucumbers in the jar, making sure that the cucumbers are completely covered.
- Close the jar tightly and let it cool to room temperature.
- Store the jar in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours before serving, to allow the flavors to meld together.
And that’s it! With this easy and homemade recipe, you can enjoy delicious and authentic Turkish pickles in no time. These pickles are perfect as a side dish with a variety of meals, or simply as a snack. They can be kept in the refrigerator for up to a month, so you can enjoy them whenever you’d like.
In conclusion, Turkish pickles are a tangy and flavorful side dish that are perfect for adding some extra zing to your meals. With this simple and easy recipe, you can enjoy authentic Turkish pickles right in your own home. So, why not try it out today and add a delicious and healthy addition to your meals!
Looking for good places to drink Turkish coffee in Istanbul? In this case, the suggestions…
Do you want to learn about some of the top Turkish drinks to try out?…
Turkey is a country where food lovers can have a blast, since Turkish cuisine is…
When visiting Turkey, one of the things to do can be exploring the cuisine of…