Turkish Chicken Breast Pudding, also known as Tavuk Gogsu, is a traditional and delicious dish that is made with boiled chicken breast, milk, sugar, and a variety of spices. It's a creamy and comforting dessert that is typically served cold and is a great way to use up leftover chicken.
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breast
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup chopped unsalted almonds (optional)
- In a large pot, bring the chicken breast and water to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the chicken is fully cooked, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and let it cool. Reserve 1 cup of the chicken broth for later use.
- Shred the chicken breast into small pieces and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the milk, sugar, cornstarch, flour, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, cardamom, and salt. Whisk together until well combined.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat, whisking continuously, until it thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and add the shredded chicken and chopped almonds, if using. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9×9 inch baking dish and spread it out evenly. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve the chicken breast pudding chilled, garnished with chopped almonds or a sprinkle of cinnamon.
This Turkish Chicken Breast Pudding is a perfect example of the versatility of Turkish cuisine. It’s a sweet and creamy dessert that is both comforting and delicious. The tender chicken pieces are enveloped in a rich and flavorful custard that is sweetened with sugar and spiced with a blend of warm spices. It’s a perfect end to a meal or a satisfying snack anytime of day.
Making this dish at home is both easy and affordable. It’s a great way to use up leftover chicken and turn it into something new and exciting. It’s also a great dish to make for a special occasion or when you have guests over. It’s a guaranteed crowd-pleaser and is sure to become a staple in your kitchen. So why not give this Turkish Chicken Breast Pudding recipe a try and experience the delicious flavors of Turkish cuisine in your own home?
Looking for good places to drink Turkish coffee in Istanbul? In this case, the suggestions…
Do you want to learn about some of the top Turkish drinks to try out?…
Turkey is a country where food lovers can have a blast, since Turkish cuisine is…
When visiting Turkey, one of the things to do can be exploring the cuisine of…